Monday, July 5, 2010

What's Next

It's only day three of my "new" simpler "freer" life and I'm already feel better, more alive, happier. Although I know I have a long road ahead to actual "remission" I believe I am headed in the right direction. I'm eating cleaner (mainly fruits, veggies, lots of water etc.), I am committing to water aerobics and power walking and daily meditation (to hopefully find peace with it all). This is what July is for. They say it takes 21 days or 3 weeks for new habits to stick or old ones to die..so...bring it on. I look forward to seeing where I am in August and what I will be looking forward to then.

For those who are curious and want to know: Yes, I will be looking for a part-time job. What that may look like, I'm not sure but my mind and body need a break so I promise you it won't be anything physically taxing or highly demanding of my intellect. ( I want to leave my brain for my writing and creative projects) Yes, I will still have health insurance thanks to my wonderful husband who is sacrificing a great deal to allow me to take this time off. No, I will not start taking pictures of utter randomness and posting it on facebook just because I have extra free time. BUT I may be blogging more often. :)

So, with all that said and beginning to get done I am excited about all the possibilities and options that lie ahead. Although scary at times, I am trying to learn to live in the moment and be thankful for all the small victories (like eating fruits today, or cleaning out closets) and patient with myself when small failures threaten to become overwhelming.


No comments:

Post a Comment