Saturday, July 24, 2010

Facebook Junkie

Okay, so I am embarking on a new challenge. And I am asking all my readers (declared readers and anonymous readers) to do the same, especially those of you who like I, am a committed Facebook Junkie. Yes, there I said it, I am a FB junkie. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem right?

My challenge, for the next three days is this: Whenever you feel the urge to update your Facebook status, you do something else instead. For example, if you're a writer, you write down a great metaphorical sentence, the title to a book, a funny character name, anything simple. If you're an artist go add color to that painting you're working on, finish beading that necklace whatever, just do that thing INSTEAD of updating your FB status. Now, the tricky part, or maybe the fun part about it is that whatever you go and do has to take as little or as much time as it would for you to update your status. (But if it spurs to keep working, then hey who am I to stop you?) Now, if AFTER you've done that other thing you STILL feel the urge to post, then go right on ahead, but maybe, just maybe you won't anymore.

So, for the next three days I will blog daily to let you know the "little" things I've been able to accomplish by resisting/redirecting the urge to FaceBook.

So far I have done the following:

1. Read my father's revisions for my children's book
2. Come up with two titles for two more children's books I want to write.
3. Outlined another children's book I am going to work on this afternoon.

ALL this by simply redirecting my urge to facebook ONE time this morning after my walk. BUT, I must say that I did still FaceBook after completing these tasks, but that's okay because I accomplished more than I would have if I were not challenging myself.

So Please, readers of my blog, I urge to take the challenge with me. It's only for three days, see how it goes and don't be afraid to share with me and with others what you've been able to accomplish!

Be Still. Be Well.

Jas

No comments:

Post a Comment