Thursday, May 27, 2010

Am I Jaded?

Death is a part of life. I've seen a lot of death this year and I think it's made me reconsider life. What I mean by that is, I need to take it easier. What are we all stressed about? Like REALLY? The end is the same for all of us, so what are we really freaking out about? I just want to be happy. I wanna have some cute babies. I want to create some art. And then, I want to die. And guess what? The world will continue on without me, and that's ok because it's supposed to. I'm not Shakespeare, and I have no desire to be. I just want to enjoy my brief moment in time and to hell with the rest of it.

Does this mean I'm jaded? If I take life too seriously, is that not jaded too? People have died all around me this year, at work, in my family, friends, friends of friends etc. And I'm still breathing, working and living and so is everyone else around me. So I ask myself now: what am I working so hard to achieve? If the end is the same for all of us?

Am I jaded?

Or am I finally beginning to understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment