Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Wind Blows

Happy Be-lated Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you felt as blessed as I did this year and gave thanks for all the wonderful and even miserable things that happened to you this past year because hey, we wouldn't be who we are with the good, the bad, the sweet AND the sour.

This year I spent time with my parents, my sis, my husband and my in-laws. We ate a lot of food, went to Moody Gardens to check out the Festival of Lights, which was awesome, and just spent time together sharing stories and a good laugh. It was great.

This year I gave thanks for the following things:
1. My husband.
2. My health.
3. My family.
4. My friends (especially Dan and Sabina)
5. My great job.
6. My health ;)
7. My past experiences
8. All the wonderful things that await

The list could go on, but to me those are the most important. I expect and hope for only more wonderful blessings and I know that I have God to show me the way.

Although I won't really know how my health is "officially" doing until February (my next check up date) I am still feeling really great. I'm running almost 2 miles a few days a week, I'm lifting weights without the horrible pain the day after, and I'm still meditating and doing yoga. So, I only expect the doctor to say good things. There is not much else to say, life is quite calm these days and I really like that, even if I pretend not to. So, without a whole lot of drama, I leave you with a quaint poem I wrote yesterevening. :)

There’s a willow tree that cries outside my window

I hold its branches in my eyes

And feel its leaves kissing the wind that cools me

It’s a tree I can’t climb

A part of my world I can’t converse with

She weeps and I can’t comfort her

She smiles but I don’t laugh

The sunlight weighs her down

And I am afraid to touch her

The stray cat next door finds her unnecessary

And I stand aloof, everyday

Hoping she’ll notice my stare.


Be still, be well.

Jas

No comments:

Post a Comment