Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Bowels

I have a love/hate relationship with food. I love food, and it hates me. What I mean by this is that if I could, I would everything that is "horrible" for you because I love to eat. I love pizza, ice cream, cake, pasta, potatoes, you name it. If it's full of fat and bad for you, I want it and I enjoy it. However, this feeling of joy is fleeting, because shortly after I've enjoyed every morsel of food I have consumed I am plauged with heart burn, gas, bloating and indigestion.

This may seem like TMI for some of you, BUT if I wish to be honest and truthful with you then I can leave nothing out.

My doctor says that the indigestion and bowel problems(a horrible cycle of constipation followed by diahrreah followed by constipation....)caused by the Sclero lead to bacteria to grow which makes matters worse. I hate feeling crappy after every meal. And lately it's so bad that I could eat a bowl of fruit and some water and still feel misearble.(Even on the meds!) For someone who loves food as much as I do this has become a pretty shitty situation. (No pun intended)

So, this is what I live with on a pretty normal basis. My desire for instant gratification by a slice of pizza is instantly stifled by acid bubbling up in my esophagus and burping that can last for over an hour. It's another symptom I'm still trying to manage and who knows how long it will take before I finally have the will power to give up the foods I love, but for now, Tums is my secret boyfriend and Priolec my muse. (Bring on the wine and the chocolate, I'll deal with the aftermath later)

No comments:

Post a Comment